At Beaconsfield Primary School we understand that a child’s first year at school is an important one. It is a year that children are seen moving towards independence, developing self-esteem, making connections and building positive attitudes toward their schooling. Because of this understanding, the Prep Team provide a Transition Program that is tailored to meet the needs of both Prep children and their families.
Transition days are offered to enrolled children to give them the opportunity to meet and greet current Prep teachers as well as enjoy a number of learning activities with a particular numeracy and literacy focus. Parent information sessions in addition to an open classroom session are offered to ease the move from Pre-school to Primary School life.
If you intend enrolling your Prep child at Beaconsfield Primary School we strongly encourage you to take advantage of our Transition Program for new Preps.
The Transition Program …
- is designed to assist your child in becoming familiar with the Beaconsfield Primary School environment.
- provides reassurance to the child (and the parent) that our learning environment is safe and friendly.
- allows your child to make new friends.
- enables you to meet the caring and dedicated teachers who will provide the quality education your child deserves.
- gives you the opportunity to learn about the special programs we have developed to enable every child to succeed.
- provides us with the opportunity to discuss your child’s special needs.
This program runs for 4 weeks on either Monday or Thursday afternoon from 2:45 – 3:30pm, starting Monday, 5 October and Thursday 8 October 2020.
Prep Transition Sessions
We ask all children to attend our two transition sessions on Wednesday 18 * 25 November 2020. You will receive your times at our Parent Information Session in November.
Parent Information Session
On Thursday 5th November we hold information sessions at 4pm and 7pm and offer child minding. If you are unable to attend this session, please contact or come past our office to collect your information pack after Thursday 5th November.
Early Years Evaluation Interviews
Your child will be required to attend an Early Years Evaluation interview in term 4. You will be sent a letter to book a time that suits you. Letters will be sent early term 4 with further information.